Hawkeye Offline/Online World Championship Forum Index Hawkeye Offline/Online World Championship
The official HOWC Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AS Roma
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hawkeye Offline/Online World Championship Forum Index -> Football Manager Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maradona
Go Karter
Go Karter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:25 am    Post subject: AS Roma Reply with quote

The beginning

I decided to manage the Italian team AS Roma. In real life, I really hate this team. I puke on it, and on the players too. But I didnít want to immediately choose a top team like my favo AC Milan, and I know for a fact that Roma, despite their potential, doesnít win much, so I thought to take over and try to win some trophies (and eventually go to BarcelonaÖ)

When I was hired, I couldnít believe my eyes. The club was in a financial mess! No wonder this club doesnít win a thing. I got a transfer budget of 2,6 million (with only 75% of transfer revenue made available), with a balance of 3,5 million. What was even more concerning was that the club had an outstanding loan to the bank of 35 million, to be paid till 2025. On top of that the chairman told me that the current wage budget of 3,3 million per month had to be reduced to 2.78 million per month. When I heard all this I puked even more on the club.

My contract would end in May 2006, earning 60,000 euro a month. I decided to reorganize this club or I would drown too. Now I donít care about Roma, but I have to perform to eventually go to F.C. Barcelona Twisted Evil

First thing I did was to check the contract of the players which would run out this year. I gave the one who were worth it in my eyes an extension, also the youth players. Most youth players with limited talent and with contract running out, I put on the transfer list. I needed the money!
There was one scarfaced cocksucker named Cassano who didnít wanted to extent his contract (like in real life, he now plays at Real Madrid). This punk was worth 26 million so I had a problem. Cause I donít like him I wanted to sell him, but needed to act fast, because he couldnít walk out for nothing at the end of the season. The prick was worth 26 million. The interested teams would only pay 10-12 million for him, but I got F.C. Bayern so crazy to pay 19,25 million and 20% of future transfer fee. And they agreed to buy him at the end of the season, so I could still use him this season. I did the same with two other players. I also scouted for talent with a cheap price. I found some and bought them. Here are the transfers:

Here is AS Roma's history in competitions:

It sucks dick... Rolling Eyes
Frank Van Laere
Touring Car Driver
Touring Car Driver

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, you didn't pick a top team but you picked AS Roma? Choose Vicenza, THAT's a challenge Wink

Also, Cassano a prick? That dude is pretty good. Scorza is going to be scoring a lot either this year or the upcoming years, so he's a good deal for the money.

Will be interesting to see how this turns out.
BenAD
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So frank when you starting your thread?? I gotta update my soonish once I get some decent amount of time to play the game agani (although i aint looking forward to it, knowing my teams is *beep*, dam you A-League adding 20 odd youth players and *beep* up my suppose to happen transfers on July 1st!!!
Look for my name in the Bioshock Credits Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Maradona
Go Karter
Go Karter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pre-season preparations

With all the transfers I came to the current squad:

Let me introduce you to the key players:

Goalkeeper Curci, 20 years of age, a real Roman. My assistant-manager believes this kid can become a club legend. He has very good stats, heís my number 1 keeper.
Defender Chivu, 24 years, from Romania. One of the best defenders in the world. Vice-captain of my team.
Midfield general Daniele de Rossi, 22 years of age, a real Roman. This dude is amazing too, plays in my team defensive midfield centre.
Attacking midfielder playmaker Totti, 28 years, a real Roman. Heís good, although I hate him. Heís my captain. Iím thinking about selling him in 2-3 years time. Heís worth 34 million.
Striker Pablo Vitti, 20 years, from Argentina. Heís young, but heís amazing.

These 5 players are my ash. Average age is young, but I donít care. They will learn quick I believe.

The squad has a lot of potential. The question is will it come out? My assistant-manager wasnít too sure about that. He kept saying to buy new players, with the no-money I had Confused

There were already 2 friendlies arranged at the end of July, so all I did was preparing my players as good as possible to be in topshape. The first friendly was against Belgian club La Louviere. We didnít play a good match. We came 0-1 up, but still in the 1st half La Louviere scored 2 goals in 2 minutes. At the 2nd half because of Simone Perrotta we won with 2-3 against a team we normally should have killed. It was obvious that La Louviere was already busy with the Chinese gambling-syndicate in order to cheat and be a better team: the referee was bribedÖ

The 2nd friendly was against Portuguese Sporting Lisbon. Now this was a serious test. We played at home this time and I expected a good performance from my team. None of that came true. We played bad. Sporting Lisbon was the better side and scored after just 4 minutes the openings goal via Liťdson. But despite we were sometimes no where on the pitch, through hard work and dedication we finally won with 2-1. Not deserved, so I wasnít happy. Clearly Italy had to get used to a manager like me. Not only winning counts, but a beautiful style of play too.

What also worried me was the injuries I had. Lots of players got injured during training sessions, so I was a bit concerned. My training sessions were light, and I had lots of physios. Were the Romans perhaps lazy in their nature and a bunch of cry-babies?

Anyway, with the pre-season finished my first real test was immediately a big one. Away against Inter the 28th of AugustÖ
lobo288
Formula Ford Driver
Formula Ford Driver

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone wants to buy good players cheap, in Argentina i know a few, Pisculichi, Luna, Peirone, Belluschi, Rodas, Pavone, Gago, Vitti(but heīs from Rosario Central, that team sucks)i donīt remember all now, a while whithout play Embarassed iīll check it and tell you then.
Anyways there are a few allways good to buuy as Evandro Roncatto from Guarani, Scorza, Evil or Very Mad i canīt remember them!!! iīll tell you soon

Cheers
Metrosexual

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good luck with Roma mate, don't puke on 'em too much this season Laughing

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Frank Van Laere
Touring Car Driver
Touring Car Driver

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BenAD wrote:
So frank when you starting your thread?? I gotta update my soonish once I get some decent amount of time to play the game agani (although i aint looking forward to it, knowing my teams is *beep*, dam you A-League adding 20 odd youth players and *beep* up my suppose to happen transfers on July 1st!!!
When I've got time to play the game again Sad. Last time I played it Feyenoord hired me and I rocked with Belgium Wink.
Maradona
Go Karter
Go Karter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Season start (August Ė October)

With the season coming to a start, the board expects us to qualify for Europe.
The supporters expects the team to challenge for the Serie A.

My goals for this year are:
- qualify for Champions League, which means I have to finish in top 4 in the Serie A
- nothing concerning the Italian Cup: Iím gonna use this competition this year as a platform for young talent to develop their skills
- winning the Uefa Cup
- (making profit)

I was looking forward to the 1st match away against Inter. I was clearly the underdog and was hoping for a draw. The match would become legendary. After 21 minutes we were leading 0-4! We were humiliating Inter. At half time the score was 1-5. I was delighted with my team. The 2nd half Inter scored in the final minutes. Final score: 2-5 for RomaÖ Cool

But the next match was an anticlimax. Home against Ascoli, we lost 2-4. I was pissed at my squad. We played 10 matches in Serie A till now, and we beat Juventus at home with 2-0 too! Unfortunately AC Milan beat us at San Siro with 2-0, but I was not angry. I love Milan. My squad is, because itís young, very capricious. We beat big teams, but lose to small ones. I have to get that out of our system.

In the Uefa Cup we played 2 matches against Dinamo Bucharest, the winner would qualify for the group round in the Uefa Cup. Bucharest is always a dark horse, usually we are better, but sometimes their machine just starts rolling. We beat them 3-0 at their home, and 5-0 at Olimpico, our stadion. Qualified for Uefa Cup in a group with Slavia Prague, Hertha BSC, Vit. Guimaraes and Roda JC. I should get through this (the best 3 go round further, the knockout stages).

Serie A standing till now:
BenAD
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like it was an alright start so far, all goals are still easily in reach!

How many games are there in the entire season?
Frank Van Laere
Touring Car Driver
Touring Car Driver

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I remember correctly there's 20 teams in Serie A, so 38 games.
Maradona
Go Karter
Go Karter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent midseason after a poor start

The Uefa Cup group stage was about to begin. It appeared to be an easy task. First we beat Hertha away 0-3, Roda JC at home with 2-0, Slavia Prague away with 0-10 (!), where striker Vitti was phenomenal. I put him in during halftime, and still he scored 3 times and gave 3 assists. Since we were now certain of the knockout round and certain we would be nr.1 in our group, I put in a young squad for the final match against Guimaraes at home. We drawed 2-2, but the young players gained valuable experience.

But in the Serie A things went not good. The derby against Lazio at home was a boring 0-0, although we were better. That appeared to be our problem. We are the better team most matches, with more chances, but still it doesnít always shows in the scoreline. In 6 consecutive Serie A matches we only picked up 8 points. We dropped to 7th place, and my teams form was concerning. Still I didnít worry much cause I knew I was heading into the right path, attacking play would eventually pay off. So I kept using the same tactic, with basically the same eleven players.
It paid offÖsince that bad run we are unbeaten 11 consecutive matches, scoring 31 points. We beat Inter again, this time at home with 1-0. We were the better side, but scored in the injury time. I tell you, that tastes sweeter than winning 5-2Ö We drew against Juventus away (0-0) and I was happy, cause we were equal. I beat Sampdoria (who was 2nd in the league) at home with 4-2, we are just in a winning mood. Hereís the standing at the moment:

With 11 matches left, my aim is to try and win the Serie A, but at least try to be 2nd so I am automatically placed for Champions League, instead of having to play knockout rounds against other European teams (like the numbers 3 & 4 of Serie A will have to do).

In the Italian Cup we lost the first round immediately to Chievo. The youngster couldnít win at home (1-1), and away we were beaten (4-2). Too bad, but no worries. This was incalculated.

In the Uefa cup the 1st knockout round was against Dinamo Kiev. Away (although at neutral ground, donít know why) we won 2-4. This gave us an advantage, so we lost at home with 1-2 but no time we were in danger. The 2nd round is against Dutchies Feyenoord. Iím gonna kill them!

I did some transfers too in January. I bought Turkish defensive midfielder Nuri Sahin, 17 years old for nothing. He comes at end of season. A big talent! I sold Dacourt to Stuttgart for 3 million, and Perrotta for 15 million to AC Milan. Both leave at end of season. I tried to buy Ballack too but he won't come. Although he won't sign for Bayern either Rolling Eyes

I also got a new contract, the board was happy and offered a 3 year contract, but:

Can you believe this shit? I do them a favour and I get this. Anyway, I demanded 180,000 and accepted the offer, cause I feel Iím building something nice in this ass-club. Next update will be at end of season Wink

P.S.: I hope my pieces are not too long? If you want to see screenshots or anything else, feel free to ask.
BenAD
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ouch thats not good at all!!!! I mean the money situation lol.

Oh well, atleast the season is going well, and i think the post lengths are good erdem.
knightyc
Formula 3 Driver
Formula 3 Driver

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the higher you finish the more money they will get. and you should get into champs league wich will give you more money.

good luck

Website updated www.knightf1.co.uk

Gordon Freeman is that you! NO IM STEF GORDON!
Maradona
Go Karter
Go Karter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

End of 1st season

Our form continued. We played very, very well. So well that we closed the gap to leaders AC Milan to 3 points. Then came the crackerjacker Roma-Milan. If we win, we have an excellent chance at the title. We were dominating the game, chance after chance and I felt we were going to win this. All of a sudden, typical FM-style, Milan scores 2 goals. Damn Ancelotti with your anti-football style. At half time I said nothing to my players, eventually we lost 1-2. Undeserved...

I was afraid this defeat would cost us the 2nd spot too. I prepared my players carefully and they overcame that defeat without problems. We didn't lose a match anymore and that resulted in a fine standing:

We were also in the Uefa Cup 2nd round. We played Feyenoord. At home we won 5-0, so away we did it easy: 0-0.
Next round, quarterfinals, again a Dutch team: AZ. We won the first leg 1-0 at home, and away we won 1-2...relatively easy. In the semis Monaco would visit us. We beat them 2-0 easily. Away we won 1-2, but they were much better. We reached the finals against the most famous team in the world: Real Madrid Cool This was an awesome affiche:

My goals were reached. I also made some profit. I bought a free player, a right young winger named Virga Valerio. But then the board announced the new transfer budget for coming season: 32 million transfer budget.
Now I understand how such a club gets in debt. We have 5 million balance, and we can spend 32 million...anyway, I will see what I will do. I got some players in my head, but we have to see.
BenAD
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow thats nice work Erdem, should be happy with your season and you made some nice cash. The 2nd year could be a tricky one, but you did get a few youngsters so maybe it will be even better!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hawkeye Offline/Online World Championship Forum Index -> Football Manager Stories All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: